Monday, May 25, 2015

Phoebe

J and I had been looking for a puppy for the last couple of months, but we couldn't seem to find the "perfect" one. I'd been browsing Craigslist and did find one goldendoodle a couple weekends ago, but the owners wouldn't contact me back so I was feeling a little frustrated.

Finally, I stumbled across a post for double doodles (or "Goldendoodle F2s") on Friday night. I really like the idea of an F2 because it supposedly sheds even less than the regular Goldendoodle and is more hypoallergenic, so I immediately clicked the ad. The sellers had a blonde female available - which is exactly what we wanted - so we jumped on the offer. I thought we'd be picking up this sweet little face within the next two weeks:


But...surprise! The owners said we could pick her up in three days. Holla!

I debated between the following names:
  1. Phoebe Ruffay (named after one of fav Friends characters, of course)
  2. Belle (idk why...apparently I'm a 5 year old who likes princesses?)
  3. Princess Consuela Banana Hammock (if you don't get that joke, you're dead to me you need to watch this YouTube video, STAT)
  4. Peeve (so I can tell everyone I have a pet Peeve)
  5. Amy Farrah Howler (a tribute to Big Bang Theory and fellow nerdy-girl)
  6. Coco Kennel (because I'm fancy, y'all)
  7. Fleaonyce Knowles (so she can wake up with bedhead and I can dress her in a sweatshirt that says, "I woke up like this.")
  8. Notorious D.O.G. (my personal favorite. And again, if you don't get the joke, I feel like I can weed you off my FB friends list because you ain't cool, yo. ....Just kidding, Mom. You can stay on my Facebook. ;))
I said all these names with a huge, cheesy smile on my face, aaaaand then J shot them down. He clearly doesn't understand how clever I am.


His loss.

We puppy-proofed the house Sunday evening and got to pick her up today at noon. I am dyyyying to take her to school to show my kiddos, but I can't take her anywhere until she gets all her shots. 


Even though I've vowed not to be the crazy pet lady, I feel like I'm already headed down some shady territory... I spent like, four hours combing Etsy for cute pet stuff on Saturday evening when we were stuck inside, waiting out the crazy weather in Oklahoma (seriously...it's madness). I've already purchased a collar, a place mat for her food and this cute leash holder. And I might or might not have been looking for puppy rainboots.

She was a little shy when she first got here, but she's warmed up as the evening goes on. She's starting to be more curious and go exploring, so I'm glad that baby gate we ordered will be here by Friday. ;) I will definitely be taking a video of her running sometime soon... it looks like her head is too big for her body, and it just flops around; it's quite comical.

I can't think of a clever way to end my post, so I'll leave you with adorable pictures. You're welcome for the overload of cuteness you're about to experience:

Her parents -- we'll see how curly Phoebe's fur gets...it's just fluffy right now!

This is how she spent at least 50% of the afternoon. So far she fits in well, because we like naps, too. ;)

At one point she was sleeping with her body on the bed, her head on the floor, and her ears flopped over her eyes. I guess our house is too bright, so I'll be looking for doggy sunglasses on Etsy next. Kidding...mostly. 

I melt.

Starting to wake up...

Chillin'
I am saving these pictures because 1) how can you delete them?! and 2) I feel like I'll need to remember how darn cute she is when she starts peeing on my floor because I'll be like:


But once we get past this potty-training stage, it'll be okay. By the way, Phoebe is way too classy to respond to "potty." I hatehatehate that word, so we are asking her if she needs to use the restroom. #pinkiesup

Photobucket

1 love notes:

Sierra's View said...

Candice! Your comment didn't have a reply email so I couldn't respond there, so I clicked on your blog. Thank you for your sweet words! I love finding bloggers that I feel like I could be their friend in real life. You seem pretty cool yourself. Your dog is SO CUTE. Puppies for the win!!!!