Sunday, January 4, 2015

The One With the Longest Post Ever

*The title of this post is my way of paying homage to the fact that Friends has officially been made available for instant streaming on Netflix as of January 1 of this year. All hail Netflix.

First: hope your holiday was filled with family and fun, and that 2015 has started off on the right foot for you!

I was too lazy to scan it, so this is a picture of our Christmas card. #classy

Jon and I got back yesterday from a 11-day trip across the country... seriously: we went to Oklahoma for 3 days, Colorado for 3 days, Illinois for 1 day, and traveled 4 full days before coming home. We drove everywhere, so I pretty much never want to get in the car again. That's unfortunate, since we got new cars this weekend:

Not our exact car, but ours looks like this. 

It's like a friggin' spaceship inside:


Our interior is all black, but you get the picture...
It may not look like anything special to a lot of people, but we were driving 2007 and 2008 models before, and it's amazing how much can change in just a few short years! I'm having to get used to driving an SUV, which I'm currently referring to as "the tank." Fourteen hours on the road from Illinois to Texas helped me "break it in," but I have to admit I'm a little nervous about parking it tomorrow when I go back to work... ;) And yes, you read that right: cars. We each got a black granite Chevy Equinox. So yeah, we got the exact same car. I'm not totally thrilled with the idea, but why should one of us have to get a car we don't love just because the other one is getting it, too? Plus, as Jon so eloquently stated to his mom, "This is why I married her: we like the same things." 

The trip to Colorado was with my parents, sister, and sister's boyfriend. We drove 12 hours to Copper Mountain, Colorado, which means I got to read about 4 books each way. Merry Christmas to me! :) Copper Mountain had some average winter weather while we were there... you know, if you count -10° temperatures and 22 inches of snow "average." {Here in Texas, we pretty much shut the entire state down if the weather guy even thinks there's a chance of snow, so I quickly realized that I do not have appropriate winter attire.}

So. Cold.

So. Hard. To breathe.

I stole this collage from C's boyfriend; the two right pictures are views from the mountain while skiing.

I don't get to see snow that often, and I sure don't get to see snow like this, so I took lots of scenery pictures:



























I pretty much did an abysmal job of taking pictures for the entirety of 2014, but I'm going to let it slide because I was trying to "be present." As much as I love technology, I also know that it's easy to get sucked in and forget to actually live your life. It's hard to balance take pictures of this for posterity with I want to live in the moment, but I suppose all generations after us will have to struggle with this, too.

Anyway, here's the last view of our inside Christmas decor until next winter:


All credit goes on Jon on Christmas decorations since I'm pretty much just a big Grinch. It's a great view, though, to see the lights and sit by the warmth of the fire {even if it is 38° here today -- take that, Colorado!}.

Photobucket

0 love notes: