Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tacky Christmas Sweater

My school is so fun. The last two weeks of school before Christmas break are considered "Reindeer Days," and my admin does something fun for us each day. We either have a theme where we dress a certain way, there's a fun event we get to participate in, or our admin brings us food. I definitely feel extra-blessed to work there on those days!

This past Tuesday was Tacky Christmas Sweater day. I wasn't about to pay $60 for a sweater I don't even like and will only wear once a year, so Jon and I took inspiration from this pin and went the DIY route. Here's how it turned out:


I had varied reactions from my students. The younger students gave me genuine compliments: "Wooooww! You look so pretty!" {Um. Thanks.} The older kids asked if I'd forgotten to look in the mirror that morning. ;)

No matter -- I won first place in our sweater contest, so I guess it was worth it. :)
Photobucket

0 love notes: