Monday, March 4, 2013

Soft Kitty

There are some things that can cheer a gal up on even the worst of days -- sweet snail mail from a friend is definitely one of them.

My friend Johnna just published a book she co-authored with a friend of hers, and she sent me a copy of it {Get your copy by clicking HERE.}, along with a sweet letter, card, and bookmark:


<3 td="">
She also urged me to look at the acknowledgements, and I'm so glad I did, because I saw my name!

You see that, Jonathan? I'm the greatest. It's in print. No denying it now.

I am just big enough of a dork to do a full happy dance about seeing my name -- not just my name, but my name in reference to me -- in print in an actual book.

Don't judge.

There is just something so special about snail mail {that isn't a bill}. I used to be really good about sending my friends snail mail when I was in college...and then life hit me in the face and I've had such limited time since then. Sorry, friends, for not only neglecting my portion of the snail mail, but for even neglecting to write posts on our silly little blog! I'm hoping that after this first year in my new job position settles down, I'll have more time and energy to stop eatingsleepingbreathing my job.

On another note:

I definitely remember being sick a lot during my student teaching; it was probably because my little friends liked to be in my face 24/7. Then I taught middle school and high school and very rarely got sick. I think that was probably because teenagers have 2920395039 places they'd rather be than close to the teacher. Now that I'm back in an elementary school, I'm sick all the time again! And so is Jon. I think we keep passing it back and forth to each other. Some cold + some allergies = miserable K family.

In my sick and groggy state this morning, I decided that I would check the weather to help me determine what to wear. I checked it on my weather app but was unsure about the wind speed -- would a dress be okay to wear for outside duty this morning? I trudged to the kitchen, fully intent on poking my Bride of Frankenstein-esque bod {you know, because that's what I wake up looking like} out onto the back porch for a couple minutes to see if the wind was too strong to wear a dress.

I totally forgot that we just activated our alarm system.

Before my cold little foot could even hit the back porch, the alarm was screeching at me in this God-awful noise that I think my family back in Oklahoma probably could've heard.

It was quite a wake-up call at SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING. Sigh. {Sorry, neighbors! Just wanted to make sure you weren't late for work! Heh...heh...}

My day kinda went downhill after that, so I think I'm just going to take some cold medicine and go to bed right now.

In case you're wondering, I am as pitiful as Sheldon when I'm sick:



And yes, you are welcome to sing me "Soft Kitty." I hear it helps.

Photobucket

0 love notes: