Monday, December 31, 2012

Highlights 2012

Continuing the tradition from last year, here are our 2012 highlights:

  1. Jon and I celebrated our first New Year's Eve and New Year's Day as a married couple. Huzzah! {We also celebrated our first Valentine's Day, Spring Break, MLK, Jr. Day, etc. as a married couple, but I won't cheat and bog down our highlights list with stuff like that. ;) }
  2. We purchased our first home in the spring of 2012. We were/are so excited to put down some roots!
  3. We painted our entire house, and J played Mr. Fix It with the master bathroom, kitchen sink, guest bedroom, guest bathroom, and outside gate. Actually, a lot of that was just upgrading, so maybe he was playing Mr. Upgrade It. Either way, it was a little bit of a pain to DIY it, but I think we will always look back and take pride in our work. 
  4. Jon got a new job. It's a bit of a long drive, and his hours are little unique, but I think God has a reason for everything, and we are just thankful for the new opportunity. 
  5. We celebrated our one year anniversary as a married couple. We wanted to go on an anniversary trip, but money was a bit tight, so we're attempting to take that trip this coming summer. :)
  6. I got a new job. Every day, I am reminded how blessed I am to work in such a positive building with wonderful students, colleagues, and admin. 
  7. All repairs and needed upgrades have been made to our house, so all that's left is to put on some finishing touches. I suspect we'll be adding those for years. :)
  8. We are 1-2 months away from paying off one of my student loans completely. I know it's a little tacky to talk about money with others, but we've been working really hard to get rid of my stupid student debt. I can't wait to call Dave Ramsey and tell him we are debt free!
If this were a list of all our blessings, it would be much longer. I guess 2012 wasn't as exciting as 2011, since I couldn't think of 10 solid things to put on the highlight list. ;) Oh, well. Here's to a happy new year!




0 love notes: