Monday, June 11, 2012

One-Year Anniversary

I can't believe it's already been 365 days since we became husband and wife. Time has flown in a scary way. I remember exactly what I was doing at this exact moment on our wedding day last year, though, and it's pretty safe to say that I could re-state that at any moment of the day.

Married life is wonderful. Getting to see my best friend every day has truly been a blessing!

Jon and I were talking a couple days ago about how far we've come in a year... We got married, we traveled outside the county together, we combined our bank accounts, we navigated the holidays like divorced children (since our families celebrate the major holidays in very different locations), we own two vehicles with our names on them, we own a house, we have comfy furniture and a washer/dryer of our own... J got a new and very different job. I'm in the midst of my own new-job-getting experience... It's all very surreal.

More importantly, we have a routine that has mashed our lives together. We still finish each other's sentences. We still trust each other. We're still in love.

People say that the first year is the hardest. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is, I'd say we're headed for many blissful years together. No, it's not always easy. And it's definitely not perfect. But that's part of the fun. And at the end of the day, our marriage is stronger because of it.

-----

We decided to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday, since today is a weekday and J's first day of work. We'd originally wanted to go on a one-year anniversary cruise, but we ended up deciding a house and furniture were more important, lol.

Interestingly, there is a little Cajun place a few miles from our house. We decided to go there for dinner, since the first night of our honeymoon was spent in New Orleans. 

This is the only picture we got together that night. Whoops. 

We both ordered fried alligator tenders with a side of red beans and rice. Considering how far away we were from New Orleans, we thought the atmosphere was pretty authentic! It was a fun little place.

We had some time to kill before our movie started, so we went to the jewelry place. Jon got me a cute little charm for my Pandora bracelet as my anniversary gift. He even picked it out early and hid it from me the whole time! I felt so horrible when I had to tell him that I already had that charm. ...My mom got it for me as an engagement/wedding gift. :-/ So we did some exchanging at Jared's....


Jon's anniversary gift to me <3
Jon says that this heart-and-key charm was his first thought for a gift, but then he remembered my aversion to yellow gold and stayed away. Aw! So of course, this is the one I picked to replace it. Love it and my Pandora bracelet!

We also stopped by the Oakley store. Jon has been eying some nicer sunglasses since he got contacts. I think he had fun trying on different kinds. :)

This was right before he went all "Zombie Jon" on me.

Jon wanted to see the Avengers, so that's where we headed. Honestly, I thought I was going to hate it. I'm totally not the comic-book-hero type of gal. And I was pretty lost through a lot of it; I'm sure the people around us got tired of me asking Jon, "Who's that? What's his super-power?" lol. But the movie was better than I expected.

We finished the night by relaxing on our new couch. It was delivered earlier that morning, so we still jumped at the chance to sit on it. ...Aw, who am I kidding? We sat on it all weekend and we're still excited about it! lol.

-----

Happy anniversary, Jonathan! I love you!

0 love notes: