Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Sister's Graduation & My Best Friend's Wedding

How I forgot to post about these events is beyond me. These are major life events, people! And this blog is for writing alllllll about them. So, without further ado, let the writing begin:

{Class of 2012}

My little sister graduated on Tuesday, May 15. Yeah, it was a super-weird graduation time. I actually graduated on a Thursday, so this middle-of-the-week stuff isn't new for my hometown. I never thought anything was wrong with it until this year, either. But I was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't get a teaching job this year so that I was able to go up in the middle of the week (without taking off work) to catch Caitie's big event! (Isn't it funny how even what we think is such a bad thing -- no teaching job this year -- can turn out to be good sometimes?)

Anyway.

Little C looked so grown-up in her cap and gown! Here's a peek for you:

I am in love with this picture. She just looks so gorgeous!
Here's a pic I snapped with the crappy photo app on my iPhone when she got her diploma:

My dad got to hand both my sister and me our high school diplomas. Sweet.
And here's a pic with the proud graduate before J and I had to race back home that night to get ready for a "pre-move out inspection" at our apartment complex early the next morning:

Funny story about that dress I'm wearing: I had to buy it about one hour before we left for graduation, as the dress I brought accidentally got ruined. The new dress was a little too short for my taste, which may explain why my hands are clasped oddly at my crotch area....?! Who knows. Like Ricky Bobby, I never know what to do with my hands!

I think the fact that my baby sister just graduated from high school is still pretty surreal to all of us. It's hard to believe she's old enough for that! :) Little C has been taking college courses for the past year, though (through the concurrent program offered at our high school and the local college). She got a full ride to said college, so she's going to take more classes there in the fall while she pursues a degree in radiology.

{My BFF's Wedding}

J and I had some business to take care of back at home on Wednesday and Thursday, but then on Friday, we were loading our suitcases in the car again to head up for Kaci and Nick's wedding!

The bridesmaids spent the night at Kaci's parent's house on Friday night, so I was up until the wee hours of the morning, watching re-runs of Say Yes to the Dress and gabbing with the ladies. It's time like that when I'm especially grateful that my parents love J (and the feeling is mutual), as I left him all alone with them for two days. :)

Kaci and Nick got married at a precious little chapel at 1 pm on Saturday, May 19. Their colors were blue, white, and black, and the wedding coordinators at the chapel did a great job of making everything beautiful and easy! Here I am with the glowing bride:

The song, "Isn't She Lovely?" just started playing in my head. :)
By the way: my sister did my hair for  both her graduation and Kaci's wedding, and I loved it! So if the radiology thing doesn't work out, at least we know she could be a hair stylist. ;)

The wedding was so pretty, and I think all the guests had a good time! The newlyweds are currently on their last day of their honeymoon on the beaches in Florida.

{Other Stuff}

Speaking of weddings, J and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary in less than 3 weeks. It's crazy to think that we've almost been married a whole year! I feel like so much has happened in just this short little year.... The biggest, of course, being that we bought our first house. We've been busy renovating the outside and trying our best to make the inside as cozy as possible while waiting for our master bathroom to be finished and our bedroom and living room furniture be delivered (read more about that crazy debacle by clicking here). 

Awhile back, I created this moving announcement on PhotoShop and totally forgot about it until now. Whoops.  I meant to print it and mail it out to all our friends and family, but....you know how hectic things are now. Here's a peek at the moving announcement, minus revealing details (for privacy reasons, of course):

This is the front. That big, blue blob at the top is where our new address is.
Here's the back. I don't know what I was thinking; I couldn't send this as a postcard, anyhow! But the big, blue blob is where our last name is. :)
Obviously, any mailing address that you currently have for our family needs to be trashed. Send me an e-mail or a Facebook message if you need our new mailing address!

---

Of course, the job hunt is still on, so any prayers you could offer His way would be greatly appreciated! :)

---

We also purchased bikes and have been biking a little here and there during our free time. It feels good to ride leisurely along, knowing I'm spending time with my best friend and burnin' calories. :) We've been trying to get healthier, one small step at a time. I must've had some sort of fever on Thursday, because I decided it was a good idea to ride about 4 miles on my bike and jog about 2 miles right afterwards. ...Let's just say that I won't be doing that again for a long time. ;) We're definitely not health-nuts, by any means -- and kinda don't want to be -- but it does feel good to get healthier.

---

Oh, yeah: I joined Instagram. Wasn't crazy about adding another social networking site to my list, but finally gave in, just so I could see what all the hype is about. In case you don't know, it's basically Twitter, but for pictures instead of statuses. I haven't gotten in the habit of pulling it out all the time, but I'm hoping it will grow on me, as it might be a great way to help me meet one of my New Year's resolutions: take more pictures! If you have an Instagram account on your iDevice or Android, you're welcome to send me a friend request! Just search for username @candicejanae, and you should find me pretty easily. You'll have to request to see my pictures, as I shudder at the thought of allowing the entire world to see my private photos, but if I know you, I can almost guarantee I'll accept your request. :) If you have an Instagram account and I've approved your request, you can also view my pictures on the computer, using this cool program called Webstagram. Here's the link to my profile, but again, you'll have to have an account and have your friend request approved before you can see anything I've posted.

I think I've rambled on long enough. Ta-ta for now.



0 love notes: