Monday, February 13, 2012

Homeowners

We had a rather eventful weekend! On Friday, we traveled to my hometown to watch my not-so-little-anymore sister dance her final dances during halftimes of the basketball games. She's on the dance team, and it was senior night, so we got to watch a little pre-game senior ceremony, too. Unfortunately, little C was really sick this weekend (flu, maybe?), so I don't think she got to enjoy it as much as she deserved to. Luckily, we took lots of pictures (on Mom's camera) and a video, so she can remember it when she's not so doped up on OTC drugs. ;)

On Saturday, we spent 2 hours at the tire place to get my tires rotated. It was madness in there! I'm glad their business is doing well, but we started to get a little bored during that 2-hour wait. After that, we headed to the newest outlet mall to see if there were any good deals. Gap was having a fantastic sale, so I spent the rest of my birthday money on clothes for work (is this how I know I'm a grown-up now?). In the midst of our shopping, we got a call from our realtor that our offer had been accepted -- we are homeowners! Yippeeeee!! Our official close date isn't until March 12th, but we don't have to be out of our apartment until the end of May, so we have plennnttyyy of time to clean, paint, and decorate! Here are a few pictures of our house (that I snagged from the online listing, actually):

Front, obviously
View from the front door -- we love how open the layout is, and the wood floors are b-e-a-utiful!

Kitchen -- love the counter/storage space!
I'm sure I'll post more on the house after we sign all those papers. :)

After our shopping adventure, we went back to my grandparents' house and ate a delicious, home-cooked meal before hanging out at my parents' house the rest of the evening. Sunday was, as always, our lazy day. We left a little early and stopped by a furniture store to talk to the sales folks about some pieces we've had our eyes on for awhile. When we walked out of the store 1.5 hours later, we were the proud new owners of an entire bedroom set, a new couch, a matching chair, a new coffee table (which we actually got fo' free), and two end tables. Uh....? I'm excited about all these new purchases, but... I'm definitely not used to acting like Ms. Moneybags! But we're saving so much money by buying a house instead of renting (isn't that bizarre?) that we could afford all that new furniture, too. Fun! :)


New bedroom suite (minus the rug, plus another dresser)

I couldn't find a picture of our couch and tables online, so that will have to wait.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought of signing papers for a loan whose term is longer than I've been alive (*gulp*), but P-U-M-P-E-D to be a home-owner! Our apartment is great, but we can't wait to be in a place that's all our own.

My mind is off and running on decorating the place, and we've already got a long list of things we want to add/revamp. I've noticed we have champagne tastes on a beer budget (isn't that always the case?), but we'll make it work. :)



2 love notes:

Becki said...

Congratulations on your new life adventure. Your house is darling. Enjoy

Candice said...

Thank you!