Monday, October 10, 2011

A Football Weekend

J and I visited my family in OK this past weekend. We had a grreeeaatttt time. :)

On Friday, I spent the morning cleaning, packing, and trying to get myself ready, since we were supposed to leave right around 12:30-ish. I tried to put some more songs on J's iPod so we'd have some rockin' tunes for our trip up there, but iTunes kept claiming that his iPod is corrupt. I have no idea what that means; I just know I wasn't able to add any music. If anyone can offer any help, it would be appreciated! :)

Our drive seemed a bit shorter and less torturous because we didn't have to wait in traffic; all the major traffic was headed in the other direction because of the Red River game. We had dinner with our friends, K and N, before going to the homecoming game in my hometown. It was so nice to catch up with those two! For the most part, I like living in Texas, but I do frequently wish everyone I care about would all live in the same place...  My baby sister danced in her last ever MHS homecoming halftime show; she did great! After her dance, we visited for a little bit before she had to get back to her dancin'. I asked my mother to snap a picture of the three of us, and this is what I got:

 
She gave J the most screen space, Sister is in the middle, and then I'm partially cut off. Oh, and you can also notice the huge gap between Sister and me, but the teeny little gap between Sister and J. I think it's pretty obvious who the favorite is! THANKS, GUYS! :) In any case, go ahead and pay special attention to my hair. After three days of practicing, it finally looked good enough to go out in public with my curled-with-a-curling-iron 'do. OK, so it looks a little icky in this picture, but I promise it was almost pretty in person! lol. But I'm officially retracting my self-dubbed title of The Hair Idiot, especially since when Sister saw the hair, she asked me to do hers just like it for her football show. *happy dance*

On Saturday morning, I had an appointment with my favorite hair stylist. Doesn't it make me sound important that I have to get my hair done in another state? lol. Anyway, she did a great job, as always. Hooray for no more nasty roots!

We drove up to Stillwater as soon as I got home. We got there a little earlier than usual because our friends were tailgating on campus. Even getting there early, we still had to park waaaaayyy far away from anything remotely football-y. We sure did look like the token fat kids, hiking 3 miles to the tailgate with bags of chips and bottles of salsa in tow (to contribute to the tailgate)!

We made it into Boone Pickens Stadium in plenty of time to see the pre-game stuff, but not in plenty of time to score a good seat in the student section. We ended up sitting behind the band, so I watched several plays from in between the tubas. Also, let it be known that J and I can practically sit with the band, and we still are mostly unable to clap on beat when they play our favorite fight songs. *sigh*

J and I took a picture during a time out. I did some photo-editing to make us stand out, but I can't help but notice the yawning girl in the top right corner... LOL.  I have to wonder how many pictures other people have of me, where I'm doing something ridiculous in the background.


I know the game wasn't televised this week, so in case you're wondering about our uniform of the week, here it is:

Source
I borrowed this picture from the OSU Athletics Facebook fan page. I'm diggin' these uniforms much better than the gray ensemble, but at this point, and I'm just sort-of hoping they'll pick a uniform and stick with it.... :-/

If you follow O-State Athletics at all, you know the game was a blow-out. Not as exciting to watch, but I'm OK with the score, so I'll let it slide, Cowboys. :) We tailgated for awhile and then went back to my parents' house.

On Sunday, we ate lunch at my Meme and Papa's house (boy, I sure do miss her home cooking!) and visited with the fam before heading back home in the afternoon. It poured on us almost all the way back home, but we desperately needed the rain, so I'm going to refrain from complaining. I ate chips (leftover from the tailgate) in the passenger seat and sang songs I found fitting (specifically, "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid and "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" from Annie) while J concentrated on the road. Sometimes I feel I should buy him some extravagant gift, just for putting up with me on a daily basis. :)

Oh, and if anyone is concerned about my health after that last post (A Visit From the Burn Fairy), here's a picture of my poor widdle arm, as of Friday afternoon:


If anyone asks about it, I'm still going with the "knife fight" story.

2 love notes:

Nostalgic Dreams said...

It looks like you all had fun! I am glad you got to see your family. Tell everyone I said hi please and your hair looked great! (Tell JH that she should put more of her daughter in the photo next time. lol) *hugz* ~Elizabeth

CK said...

LOL I've been trying to tell her! Hope all is well with you!