Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cooking 101

I see all these bloggers writing about these great meals they've cooked. They post pictures before, during, and after, and try try to walk folks like me through the world of cooking.

I decided I would do the blogging world a favor by showcasing my own 5-star meal ideas on this post.

Take notes, everyone. You're about to see some high-caliber domestic skillz right here.


The meat. Made by Tyson, all you have to do is pop it in the microwave (their preferred method of cooking and mine, too) for a few minutes. It's chicken, if you couldn't tell.

Side numero uno: Great Value corn. Again, you pop it in the microwave for a few minutes, let it do some steamy magic, and presto! Done.

Side number two. Classic Kraft's mac-n-cheese. The instructions on the box are so easy a caveman could do it (is this a Geico trademarked phrase? Can you trademark a phrase? If so, sorry, Geico!).


Dessert. Betty Crocker's in-a-bag chocolate chip cookies. The pouch boasts that it takes 7 minutes to prep and 10 to cook. Add an egg and a stick of butter. "Boom!" as the great Emeril would say.
And there you have it, ladies and gents: my "secrets" to a 5-star meal in the K-family's house....and probably the reason J has lost so much weight since I've moved in.

Happy cooking! :)

0 love notes: